Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contact a librarian for assistance
Reference librarians are available in person, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, at the Service Desk located on the Bird Library's third floor. If these hours are not convenient, we also welcome contact through any of the following methods:
Electronic form - Ask a Librarian
REQUEST INSTRUCTION OR CONSULTATION
Consultations & Instruction
Library faculty members provide the following types of instructional assistance:
- Consultations are scheduled to provide one-on-one or small group assistance focused on your specific topic or clinical question. Utilizing library resources and services are addressed based on your priorities and research needs.
- Group/classroom instructional sessions are scheduled and frequently tailored to address particular user needs and provide critical research support. Course faculty and others are encouraged to work closely with library faculty members to ensure that the session meets student and course objectives.
How do I request individual consultation, group, or classroom instruction?
The easiest way to send a request for any kind of instructional assistance is to use the Instruction Request form. Review our list of sample classes and always keep in mind that we are happy to develop new classes or modify existing courses to meet your needs.
Library faculty participate in the promotional process and engage in teaching, research, and scholarly and creative activities. Contact Shari Clifton, Associate Director, for opportunities to collaborate.
- Special Projects
- Systematic review
In most instances search results will consist of citations and abstracts which are delivered to you via email. If specified, search results can also be delivered in alternate formats such as an EndNote library, Word document, or XML.
If you use our Ask a Librarian form you'll be prompted to describe your topic and any additional search parameters that are relevant.
- Reference librarians routinely perform free mediated searches for OUHSC faculty, students, and staff. Searches are also provided for unaffiliated patrons for a fee.
- In a mediated search the librarian will search appropriate databases and other resources for information on your topic.
The Bird Health Sciences Library is a Resource Library within the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM). Library faculty and staff provide a variety of services to individuals and groups throughout Oklahoma including:
- Exhibits at health fairs and other health oriented events
- Presentations for health consumers, students, health professionals, librarians, parents, etc.
- Customized classes focused on finding and evaluating health information, with particular emphasis on resources from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Assistance with the identification of funding opportunities from the NN/LM or NLM and the preparation of proposals
To schedule an event or to request assistance with an outreach activity or project, contact the Bird Library’s Outreach Coordinator, Shari Clifton.